Palo Alto Networks released PAN OS 7.1 this week. Here are some highlights on what is new:
- Management features
- Support for 4,096-bit RSA Certificates: these larger keys can be used to authenticate devices and users in GlobalProtect, and Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels.
- Unified Logs: a single unified log that allows an easy view of all log types, including Traffic,
- Threat, URL Filtering, WildFire and Data Filtering Logs, all on one pane of glass!
- Now includes new reporting that allows you visibility into SaaS applications.
- A new Microsoft Hyper-V VM-series
- Support for VMWare Tools on Panorama and VM-Series on ESXi
- VM-Series Firewalls in Microsoft Azure
- 5 Minute updates for even fast protection
Since the GlobalProtect VPN client was recently updated to v3.0.0, with this release we now see support for a Chrome OS GlobalProtect VPN client.